Wednesday, December 07, 2005




Despite my disappointing response from the Scottish Executive, today I made the following request to the Ministry of Defence under the Freedom of Information Act. It was made using the on-line application form on their website (http://www.mod.uk/publications/foi/foirequest.htm).



I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the freedom of information act. In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible. If however this request is too wide or too unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.

I would like to know who won the Second World War.

I understand that under the act, I should be entitled to a response within 20 working days. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request. If possible I would prefer to receive correspondence by e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.